At the moment I am in the process of compiling the many resources on play that I currently have at my disposal. As I work, this site will likely go through a number of structural changes while I try to find a design that accomodates my vision for an intuitive sharing experience. I want to make the process of finding information on play as simple and painless as possible. While I make these changes I am open to any advice or ideas you may have for improving this site.
My current plans include:
- A list of online websites and blogs on play, organized by theme
- A list of books I have read and find useful, with a personal review and link to each respective author’s website (as of my writing this you can find one I’ve completed in the Books link in the menu above)
- A list of books I hope to read, with reasons I suspect they will be informative
- An annotated bibliography of research and what their findings suggest
- A blogroll with scheduled updates on different subjects, including open discussions to engage this blog’s audience – which is basically anyone interested in play
- Personal projects and design sketches (I’m still unsure of whether I should use the blogroll for this or the Portfolio category in WordPress – I will experiment)
Possible additions pending collaborator interest and funding:
- Podcast discussions (these can be expensive to host and get equipment for – i.e. microphones that don’t sound like a cell phone recording)
- Interviews with designers, researchers, and other advocates of play (if you are interested in contributing, please let me know!)
Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months. There’s plenty to come!
“A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men.”